This week’s reading portion gives us a window into the dialogue between God and Moses and the covenant established with the people. This covenant is sometimes called the Mosaic covenant. We read in the prophets portion about Elijah and the prophets of Baal on Mt. Carmel.
Just as God had spoken to Moses, the children of Israel were consistently dealing with idol worship and intermarrying as they entered the Promise Land (Israel). These behaviors were the cause of Israel’s heart being divided in worship to Adonai. After reading this part of scripture, we find ourselves wondering how this applies to us. In 2 Corinthians, Paul ties everything together giving meaning for us today.
Exodus 30: 11 - 34:35
1 Kings 18:1-39
2 Corinthians 3:1-8
Questions for reflection:
▪ Do I believe I have been grafted into the covenant?
▪ What lifestyle changes do I need, that will open deeper wells of worshipping Adonai?
▪ Do I understand that His glory is in me through the life giving power of the Holy Spirt?
▪ Do I believe I am a living love letter, written by the Holy Spirit unto God Himself?
▪ Does the world see the love relationship between God and me?